Audio guide

IVICA BUKOVEC'S WATERMILL

IVICA BUKOVEC'S WATERMILL

 

The mill known as Bukovec's watermill was owned by the Bukovec family. The last owner of this mill was Ivan Bukovec. It stopped working in 1968. Today we can see only its architectural remains, such as the supports of the mill's water wheel. Thanks to wise economic decisions, the watermill played an important role in the production of flour, the products of which were sold in the nearby family store.

Not far from the place where the watermill once stood, there is an impressive building that belonged to Đuro Bukovec and has been preserved to this day. This building used to host one of the first larger shops in Ivanec, which also belonged to the Bukovec family. In 1922, the Herg family opened their store in the same building. Over time, this building was occupied by various businesses, including a bank, a Bata store, and a Ivanečki magazin's  store called ‘Metal’. Today, the locals call this building the Bukovec’s building.