Audio guide




The watermill, once owned by Antun Gotal, is a guardian of history with its many stories. The interesting name Goloverski melin has its roots in the owners who once inhabited Goli vrh, a hamlet near Vitešinec.

The Bistrica stream bed still preserves the architectural remains of this mill, while the canals that led and drained the water are no longer in operation. The mill stopped working in 1952. The complexity of this watermill was manifested in the demanding process of combining the water wheel with the grindstone, while the milling and sawmilling activity required additional effort, knowledge and precision.

Milling production required perfect harmony between wheels and grindstones, especially at such combined sites like mills and sawmills. This was a challenge that required extra effort and expertise, with careful attention to all technical aspects.

The channels that once directed water to the mill and took it away have disappeared today. Based on the natural features, the existence of the mill could be assumed or recognized. People always tried to make the watermill accessible to users, so the roads to the watermills were regularly maintained.